Friday 3 October 2014

New recruits?

Wow.
I'm sure one of us will do a post about the meet & greet with Derek later, but for now I wanted to do something a bit more practical.
We did a lot of recruiting this evening, and I'm not sure how many of those people will actually visit. Just in case they do, here's a quick list of questions you might have:

Who are we?

Currently our staff are:
Grand Mage Calidae Dark
Elder Sapphire Iota (me!)
Elder Scarlet Eventide
Selena Gasp
Jasmine Echoing
Alex Stone

Unfortunately we don't see much of several Sanctuary members. Flaminia is also keen on joining I believe, so welcome to you Flaminia if you're here. I hope I spelt your name right :P Alex used to be our Administrator, but he moved to England and hasn't really been seen since (except for HACKING MY ACCOUNT.)

So you see why we're keen on having more staff!

Who appointed us leaders?

Ever heard of Blogland, that wonderful world in the comment sections of Derek's blog? Well, it all started there. Then the rest was decided among ourselves.

What do we do on here?

Not as much as we'd like to! We sometimes post about things relating to New Zealand and/or Skulduggery Pleasant. We'd like to do some role playing of Sanctuary life, but currently there aren't enough regular visitors. There's only one rule so far: no bombs allowed.
Yeah, we need more rules.

How do I join/comment?

First you need a blogger account. They're very quick to make, especially if you have Gmail/ Facebook. Just click on 'Create new account' in the top right-hand corner of this page. Then you'll be able to comment on our posts and/or receive notifications when we post. Feel free to chill out in the comment section until you're comfortable with this place. If you want to become a Sanctuary member, we need to send you an invite through email so just write your address in the comment section. For safety reasons please delete your comment after receiving the email invite :)

Is this only online?

There may occasionally be special occasions when meet ups are organised, such as when Derek comes on tour. But at least 98% of it will be on here.


I hope that covers everything. Leave any other questions in the comment section and I'll get around to answering them ASAP. I hope you like it here!

Love,
Saph

10 comments:

  1. I was literally just about to make a post like this haha
    I really hope people actually join!! We need more people!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we've had a ton of pageviews, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

      Delete
    2. Also, I just realised that we missed the sanctuary's first birthday :'(

      Delete
  2. Well I love this blog and I would join but I'm from America. :/
    But it's really cool!!! :))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I was at Scots on Friday and I'm really keen to join :) is it possible to follow blogs? I've literally forgotten everything about this website since I banished myself from it a few years ago after I made a ridiculous blog in intermediate...
    (Thalia Intel is my taken name so hey)
    (This is also a new account which I'm editing atm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to meet you! :D nice taken name.
      Yes, you can follow the blog. I think there's a way to get it to email you when it updates but I've forgotten...

      You can try this, though.
      1) Go to the top and click 'New Zealand Sanctuary'.
      2) Once the main page loads, scroll down to the bottom and click where it says 'Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)'.
      3) Click 'Subscribe to this feed'

      That way every time someone posts, it will come up in your feeds. If you don't know where that is, it's between your favourites and your history.
      Sorry, that's the best I can do.

      Delete
    2. You too! It was such a great night :) thank you, I'll try it! If it doesn't work I'm sure I'll figure something out or just have this tab permanently open haha

      Delete
  4. Meeting him was actually amazing I still haven't gotten over it
    And welcome Thalia Intel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayee meeting him and 1000 visitors to the Sanctuary! Happy times :)
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete