Monday 6 October 2014

Meeting the Golden God

It was BRILLIANT.
The Elders decided beforehand that we were going to go in our Elder robes (which Scarlet made, so thanks for that Scarl). We all went together, along with Flaminia who has become our newest recruit. Apparently our costumes impressed the people running it so much that they gave us all goodie bags containing posters and a wristband! Flaminia was also an excellent Melancholia.
Derek's talk was just as funny as usual, and then there was the Q+A, and then we got to MEET him.

Of course, there was an incredibly long queue first. So we started advertising and recruiting for the Sanctuary :3 And before we noticed it, the line thinned out and trickled away...
Suddenly we were at the front, all "Hey, where'd the other people go?"
Which is when we all stood in front of Derek's little table. He looked up, took us in, and his eyes kind of widened in fear, like, "Who are these crazy people? What do they want with me?"
So I introduced us and his eyes kind of widened even more and he sat back in his seat.
Me: On the behalf of the New Zealand Sanctuary, I have a very serious gift for you.
*I place a packet of tim tams in front of him and give him an intense look*
They're real, Derek. Accept it.
So he burst out laughing, and then we were all talking and getting our books signed (he liked my taken name!). It was amazing. We all got a picture:

Embedded image permalink
From right to left: Elder Scarlet Eventide, Flaminia, Derek, myself and Grand Mage Calidae Dark. In front are the tim tams XD

(I'm squinting. I don't know why I'm squinting. I didn't feel like I was squinting. Possibly I was looking at the wrong camera. There were three. Or maybe my smile's just too big.)

I'm also wearing a sword on my left hip that you can't really see in this photo, which I meant to use to threaten Derek into re-writing CERTAIN SCENES. Yes, it is a real sword. Yes, it is sharp. Yes, my parents know I keep a sword next to my hair ties. But we had so much fun discussing how crazy Blogland is that I forgot about the threatening thing completely.

Derek said he'd post his pictures of us on Twitter, but he hasn't yet. It was honestly the most amazing evening I've had all year. Thanks to everyone who came, as well as Derek for travelling all the way around the world. All hail the Golden God!

Love,
Saph

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And Blogland is carzy. CARZY I say! Not crazy!!! :)))))))

    ReplyDelete