Thursday 19 September 2013

What are we?

What are we? Derek calls us NZ minions, but you're right, Grand Mage! We need a better name!
*Points at Alex* That's your responsibility. See, this is the fun bit of being an Elder! I can boss you around!

I agree, the sailing is brilliant. I would love to be in San Francisco, but unfortunately the local mages have banned me. Apparently they don't trust me not to tip their boat over... As if
.
Actually, that's a good idea...

*************************
Sapphire pushed her brown curls to one side and rubbed her neck. These robes were so itchy, even if she did like the dark blue colour. She shuffled uncomfortably as she strode down the corridor.
At least they didn't get too hot in the summer, but-

A blur of robes, blond hair and paper appeared in front of her nose. Saph was too slow to move as she crashed into her fellow Elder with a yell and a curse. She stumbled backwards and the book fell to the floor, thudding down onto her toes. She cried out and lost her balance, her head colliding with the wall.
Hands appeared out of nowhere to catch her, steadying Saph until there were no longer stars in front of her eyes. Her vision cleared and she could see a familiar, concerned blue gaze from a girl in robes just like her own.
"Sorry!" Scarlet Eventide apologised. "Are you okay?"
Saph rubbed her head, wincing. "Eh, I will be in a minute." She took a deep breath and straightened up to hug her sister. "What were you doing?"
There was a brief, dizzying moment where Scarlet teleported over to her book and popped back, stroking the cover. Sapphire blinked.
"Just coming in to the Sanctuary," Scarlet replied. "I didn't think anyone would be here." She glanced up again. "You sure you're okay?"
A little smile touched the corners of Saph's mouth as they began to walk down the corridor. "I'm fine, Scarl. I'm not even due in for a few hours, but I can watch the America's Cup better here than from home." She sighed. "I wish I could go there."

Her sister stared at her in surprise. "You should've just said! I can take you there right now!" The arm without the book reached out for Sapphire. A little spark of hope flared in her chest, but she crushed it.
"I'm banned, remember?" she pointed out.
Scarl grinned. "They'll never notice. Come on!"
Temptation battled with reason, and Sapphire hesitated before taking Scarlet's hand.

A/N And I shall write a part two, where Saph and Scarl attempt to capsize Oracle :D Or someone else can if they want.
And I WILL do the character thing. I'm just tired right now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment